The National Back Exchange recommends that everyone who has attended a moving and handling training course then attends an annual update. The Centre offers the following in 2023.
A one-day course (9:30 am – 4.00 pm) £140 per person.
The course offers up-to-date content to reflect best practice in moving and handling. The course is designed to refresh and consolidate existing knowledge and provide delegates with new information and skills.
- The reasons why people fall, prevention strategies and moving and handling techniques to assist both adults and children when they fall.
- Discussions about teaching techniques, moving and handling risk assessments, problem-solving and adaptations of equipment.
- Opportunity for delegates to discuss their own issues, so that the practical content suits the needs of delegates.
- Monday 19th June 2023
- Thursday 21st September 2023
- Tuesday 21st November 2023
- Thursday 7th December 2023
- Thursday 8th February 2024
- Friday 19th April 2024
- Friday 14th June 2024
- Thursday 12th September 2024
- Friday 15th November 2024
Our course trainers
Our course trainers are industry leading experts.
Julia is a Registered Nurse and manual handling practitioner. She has over 30 years’ experience in moving and handling people and training other professionals. She is a published author and was Chair of National Back Exchange for 3 years and is currently Chair of the NBE Professional Affairs group.
Simon is a physiotherapist with wide experience as a moving and handling practitioner and trainer. He is a published author and international conference speaker. He is currently Chair of National Back Exchange.