Moving and handling training
This comprehensive 5-day course follows the National Back Exchange guidelines. It will give delegates the skills and knowledge they need to create and deliver their own moving and handling training in their own setting. It will also enable them to support and supervise their own staff in the future. The course includes practical sessions and offers continued support to delegates after the completion of the course.
A 5-day course – £670 per person.
- General principles of safer moving and handling, tailored to the needs of the group
- Use and adaption of small handling equipment
- Working with hoists, both mobile and overhead
- Preventing and managing falls
- Managing emergency situations
- Adapting techniques for handling children, very vulnerable people or plus-size patients
- Writing moving and handling risk assessments and care plans for their organisation
- Care agency supervisors and trainers
- Care home staff
- Special needs school staff
- Healthcare professionals
- 12th to 15th June, follow up day on 5th July 2023
- 16th to 19th October, follow up day on 20th November 2023
- 19th to 22nd February, follow up day on 18th March 2024
- 10th to 13th June, follow up day on 8th July 2024
- 7th to 10th October, follow up day on 4th November 2024
Our course trainers
Our course trainers are industry leading experts.
Julia is a Registered Nurse and manual handling practitioner. She has over 30 years’ experience in moving and handling people and training other professionals. She is a published author and was Chair of National Back Exchange for 3 years and is currently Chair of the NBE Professional Affairs group.
Simon is a physiotherapist with wide experience as a moving and handling practitioner and trainer. He is a published author and international conference speaker. He is currently Chair of National Back Exchange.