Room Hire Terms and Conditions
Confirmation of booking: Rooms can be held for 48 hours prior to receiving booking form and payment. Room bookings are not confirmed until payment is made or a purchase order number is provided on the booking form.
Cancellations: If room bookings subsequently need to be cancelled, please inform us in writing as soon as possible. Cancellation charges will apply dependent on notice given (see below).
Wherever possible, once per booking you will be offered the opportunity to transfer to another date free of charge. If you have previously re-arranged or you decline this option, fees will be charged as follows:
- More than 28 days prior to the booking date – admin fee (£20)
- Between 14-28 days prior to booking date – 50% booking fee
- Less than 14 days prior to the booking date – full room booking fee
Non-attendance: If bookings are made and the room is not used and you do not inform us, the full fee remains payable.
Moving and Handling Equipment: William Merritt Centre keep our equipment Serviced, PAT Tested and LOLER Checked in line with regulations. It is the responsibility of the hirer to be trained in using this equipment safely and respectfully. The user indemnifies William Merritt Centre against all loss or injury due to the use of equipment.
|Full Day Hire||Time||Main Training Room||Room 2||Rooms 4 & 5
|9:30 – 16:00||£150.00||£90.00||£70.00|
|AM Hire||9:30 – 12:30||£75.00||£45.00||£35.00|
|PM Hire||13:00 – 16:00||£75.00||£45.00||£35.00|
When using our training room, as a Training Room, we would greatly appreciate you following these guidelines:
- When used for physical moving and handling activities there should be a maximum of 12 people including the trainer in the room. For more classroom based training a maximum of 20 people including the trainer.
- Parking: We have assessments on site for clients with limited mobility, please be aware that they will require the use of our carpark for access to their assessment.
Please could the hirer remind their users to park outside of the William Merritt Centre car park. Upon completion of the bridge, we can offer parking in the cricket club behind the Centre.
- We ask that you and your delegates respect the privacy of assessments being carried out at the centre whilst walking to and from the training room.
- All stationery must be supplied by the trainer hiring the room. The use of William Merritt DLC computers in any way is strictly forbidden due to the Data Protection Act.
- The photocopier may be used at a small charge of 10p per copy.
- As part of the room booking fee, a trolley will be provided with hot water, milk, tea, coffee and biscuits for up to 12 delegates. Refreshments will be charged at an additional £1 per person for the 13th person onwards and must be ordered on the booking form.
- Please feel free to use the training room for your breaks.
- If you would like to look around the rest of the centre whilst using our training room, please speak with reception to check availability.
- Please empty and dispose of all paper/plastic cups and rubbish in the bin provided in the Training Room.
- Please stack all chairs at the back of the room when training is finished but no more than 4 chairs high and return any tables folded down to their storage position at the side of the room.
- If equipment is available for your use, please return any hoists, slings or small handling aids to their original storage area.
- We ask that you tidy and vacate rooms by 4.15pm.
- If you need to organise a taxi through our reception please do so before 3.30pm.
Please report any concerns or issues to the Manger or a senior member of staff
Thank you for your cooperation.